Author: Crazed Attourney
i. Cast of Characters.
The Royal Security Service (formerly the Imperial Security Service - the Empire's Police Force).
1. Investigator-Captain Willow Rosenberg
2. Investigator-Sergeant Cordelia Chase
3. Commandant-General Sir Rupert Giles
4. Lieutenant Winifred Burkle ('Fred')
A. The Royal Navy.
1. Commodore Sir Robert Rennick.
2. Captain Lord Alexander Harris, Earl of Manhattan ('Alex')
3. Grand Admiral (desig) Lady Elizabeth Jackson
4. Grand Admiral Rt Hon Sir Johan van Kupp (deceased)
B. The Imperial Navy.
1. Grand Admiral, Rt Hon His Grace the Lord James Finnell, Grand Duke of Richmond
The Imperial Civil Service (ICS).
5. Lord Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
6. Sir Liam Connor (The Angel Character)
7. Mi'f'tiki (Mi-tea-ki)
8. John Dallas
Fowlician is the collective name for the 3 sentient species which evolved on Fowlicia: Fowlitians (Fal-litians - Human-like); Fowlucians (Fal-Lucien - Dragon-like); and Fowliscians (Fal-lis-cian - Salamander-like).
1. Prime Minister Rt Hon Sir Gorn Belayn (Gorn Balan) (The Gunn character)
Former Commander of the Towllit (Tal-li) Resistance Movement
2. Minister Sir Jaron Yellen (Yaron Yell-n) (The Spike character)
3. Transitional Secretary Lady Siran Pllar (Ci-ran Pol-lar) (The Faith character)
The Siza (Caesar) Community.
The Sizastian Empire (Ce-z-arse-tian) is an alliance of two species the Si (C - human like cats) and the Zhan (Zarn - spiders), and the former imperial rulers of the Fowlicia.
1. Prefect Jyohavye Sinstrey (Yo-haa-ve Sin-is-tray) (The Lorne character)
2. Gretharl Intizak (Geth-ale Int-e-zak)
3. Jodazk (Yo-zak)
4. Lady Treylinn Gathar (Tray-lynne Ga-far).
The Imperial Community.
1. Tara Summers-Maclay
2. Elizabeth Anne Summers-Maclay ('Anne')
The Imperial Royal Family.
1. Her Most Imperial Majesty, Queen-Empress Victoria IV (The Anya character)
2. His Most Imperial Majesty, King-Emperor Charles V (deceased)
3. His Imperial Highness Prince Edward
The Imperial Government.
1. Prime Minister Rt Hon Sir Jonathan Quinn
2. Imperial Secretary Rt Hon Her Grace the Lady Elizabeth Cornwallis, Grand Duchess of New Orleans
3. Rt Hon C'k'arric (Ker-ric), Chancellor of the Exchequer
ii. The Fowlician Transitional Government.
The current Government of the Fowlician Provinces, which is appointed by and governs under the direct authority of the Imperial Parliament in London, it is charged with moving the Fowlician Provinces from the direct rule of the Sizastian Imperial Prefectship to the Imperial Provincial System.
A. Fowlician Cabinet.
1. Prefect Jyohavye Sinstrey;
iii. The Empire.
A. The Empire.
The Empire is a medium-sized human controlled empire (population 17 billion from 14 sentient races, recently shrunken from 24 billion and 18 sentient races); it is humanity's only space-based power. Despite this, on Earth it is not considered the dominant power (viewed as second after the Indian Federation), and is primarily based around Earth's Northern Hemisphere and Atlantic Ocean.
The Empire's capital city is London, however the Imperial City is considered the true capital and is where the monarch sits (the Imperial City is now Richmond in the CSA, until 2346 it was Oxford in the UK).
The Empire is made up of 6 Earth-based territories:
B. Government of the Empire.
The Empire is a federation of provinces, colonies, territories and protectorates ruled by a hereditary monarchy. The provisions of the 'Treaty of Unification' essentially the Empire's constitution, govern how the Empire is run; the Treaty outlines the rights of its citizens and the responsibilities and duties of the government as well as how that government works. Roughly power is devolved from the Crown to an Imperial Parliament (who run the Empire in name of the Monarch, with the Monarch now having only limited and defined powers) and again to a series of Grand Dukes who are responsible for the management of the Provinces Government and Internal Security; their power is again devolved through a series of planetary and local councils, but are answerable to both Provincial and Imperial Parliaments.
The standard Parliamentary system is headed by a Prime (or First) Minister, a Cabinet of Senior Ministers, and supported by a series of Junior Ministers, all of whom are drawn from the majority parliamentary party, each parliament contain on average 5 main parties, the second largest forming the official opposition. Helping to form and implement Government policy is a professional non-political civil service, which is standardised throughout the Empire and indirectly answerable to an independent Central Office, but is individually autonomous within the provinces, in a mirror of the political system.
C. The Imperial Military.
The military of the Empire is divided into five main areas:
D. Recent History of the Empire.
It is just under two years since the end of the Empire's Civil War and it is just beginning to regain the confidence and territory lost during that time. The previous King-Emperor had suspended the Treaty of Unification and had personally ruled the Empire as an absolute monarch. Who in fits of madness had thrown the Empire into devastating wars on Earth and in Space or had bartered sections of the Empire away in an attempt to retain his absolute rule. Six years previously, he had been overthrown by a triumvirate: the GA(RN); the GA(IGC-CS); and the civilian leader of the Imperial Opposition Party, and together they created the Republic and brought peace briefly back to the Empire. It did not last, as the three fell out and two were killed in a series of coups and counter-coups as they battled for supremacy.
Under the Presidency of Grand Admiral Johan van Kupp, the Republic descended into a brutal military dictatorship, the once respected Imperial Security and Intelligence Services became instruments of brutality and terror, as their purges of the civilian and military leadership that made the mad King-Emperor's rule pale in comparison. In the end the remaining military and civilian leaders united behind the King-Emperor's youngest surviving daughter and in a brief but bloody civil war, van Kupp was overthrown and the Monarchy restored.
The new government quickly dismantled the machinery of the Republic, and in a series of quick military campaigns brought stability back to a now shrunken Empire, only in Fowlicia did the Empire regain more than was lost. The Empire is currently in a state of fragile peace within itself, and with its neighbours both on Earth and in space.
v. Other Nations and Empires.
1. The Indian Federation (stretching from North Australia to North Africa);
B. Space (known to the Empire).
1. The Sizastian Empire;